Below is a concise summary of what we believe here at Foothills Bible Church.
I. Essentials Concerning the Scriptures
- We believe in the verbal plenary inspiration of the Scriptures (Old and New Testaments).
- We believe in the literal method of interpretation; which gives to each word the same exact meaning it would have in normal, ordinary, customary usage, whether employed in writing, speaking or thinking.
II. Essentials Concerning Our Salvation – How we are saved
- We believe that the unifying principle of the Bible is the glory of God – the revelation of all that He is.
- We believe in one God, who is a personal and eternal Spirit, perfect and unchangeable in all His attributes.
- Man was directly and immediately created in the image of God, free from sin.
- Man was originally created with the divine intention that he should glorify God, enjoy His fellowship, and fulfill His will and purposes in the earth.
- Man subsequently sinned by a voluntary act of personal disobedience to the revealed will of God.
- As a consequence, man became subject to the wrath of God, inherently corrupt, and incapable of choosing or doing that which is acceptable to God apart from divine grace. Thus, he is hopelessly lost apart from the salvation that is in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Salvation is only by grace through faith based upon the redemptive work of our Lord Jesus Christ through His substitutionary death upon the cross. All who receive the Lord Jesus Christ through faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
III. Essentials Concerning the Plan of God – How We are to Serve God
- We believe that in accordance with the eternal purpose of God He has revealed the mystery not known prior to Christ’s first coming of His Church.
- Authority. These local assemblies have been given the needed authority for administering that order, discipline, and worship which Christ the sovereign Head has appointed.
- Spiritual Gifts. We believe that every member of the Body of Christ has been given at least one spiritual gift at his conversion according to the sovereign will of the Holy Spirit.
- Baptism. We believe that baptism by immersion is an ordinance of definite institution in the New Testament.
- The Lord’s Supper. We believe the Lord’s Supper is a commemoration of the Lord’s body which was broken for us and of His blood that was shed for our sins.
- Sanctification. We believe that sanctification, or setting apart, is a process of becoming holy unto God.
- Last Things.
- The Intermediate State. At death, the souls of the redeemed pass immediately into the presence of Christ and there remain in joyful fellowship until the first resurrection, that is their bodily resurrection unto life.
- The Rapture of the Church. The next great event in the fulfillment of prophecy will be the personal, bodily coming of the Lord in the air to receive to Himself into heaven both His own who are alive and remain unto His coming, and also all who have fallen asleep in Jesus.
- The Tribulation Period. After this removal of believers from the earth, the righteous judgments of God will be poured out upon the unbelieving world.
- The Millennium. After this judgment Christ will establish His Messianic Kingdom in which the resurrection saints may reign with Him over Israel and all the nations of the earth for one thousand years.
- The Eternal State. At the close of the millennial reign, the unsaved dead will be raised and judged and committed to conscious eternal punishment in the lake of fire.
For a full doctrinal statement, click here.
We use the English Standard Version (ESV) Bible.
Christian Living Series:
#1 – What God Says About Sex – A Common Sense Help for the